Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mission 2:15 Has Begun!

Today, Mission 2:15 began.

During the next 14 weeks, I will be doing all I can to complete my latest mission.

I have my sights set on 2:15, and I'm determined to do this.

In case you're wondering, 2:15 stands for 2 hours, 15 minutes. That's the time I want to hit or beat in my next half marathon. My next half marathon is less than 14 weeks away.

On October 23, I will be lining up with a couple hundred of others to run to the Iron Horse Half Marathon in scenic Midway, Ky. - located in the heart of horse country.

This will be my third half marathon, and in the previous two, I've been a tad over the 2:30 mark. I know I can do up my PR by over 15 minutes; I just need to focus, work hard and stick to my training plan.

Speaking of training plan, I'm changing things up. For my previous two 13.1-milers, I followed John Bingham's run/walk plan in his book "Marathoning for Mortals." This time around, I following the 'seasoned' runners plan laid out in Bart Yasso's book "My Life on the Run."

I really like and look forward to the increased mileage Yasso's plan calls for. If nothing else, the plan ought to help me build up endurance.

Still trying to figure out how to work some cross training in. I'm the worst at cross training. After my morning runs, it's like I become too lazy to do anything else. LOL

During my drive to Mission 2:15, I will give weekly updates of my progress along the way. Nothing like letting all of you hold me accountable. :-)

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment