Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Just Wanna Run

OK, it's official. I've got the running bug.

AND I LOVE IT!

It's all I want to do anymore. I'm constantly checking the hourly weather forecast to see when I can get a run dry without having to deal with any rain or foul weather.

Recently, I won a ton of GU Gels and Chomps from Sarah Stanley Inspired and GU Energy. And when I received my prize, I immediately thought, "Man, I can't wait to do more long runs." I'm not exaggerating when I say that I'll be surprised if I'm able to use all of these gels and chomps the rest of THIS YEAR, and I'm planning at least one long run a week.

I didn't fully understand how much I am addicted to running until this week when I suffered a minor injury.

My Monday started off great, no?
Thanks to the rainy weather, I slipped on my front porch on Monday and my left leg went out from under me. My left knee hit the porch hard, and my left foot when under me. I  landed on top of my foot, basically flattening it against the porch.

I knew immediately I was hurt but was unsure how bad the damage was.

Of course, my first thought was, "Oh crap! How long is this going to keep me from running?"

Fortunately, I only badly bruised my foot. A couple of days of ice therapy, and I'm good to go.

Of course, I still haven't gotten back to the pavement yet. The weather is now getting in the way. Today (Thursday) was supposed to be my triumphant return to the highways and byways, but there was a teenie, tiny storm going on this morning during my normal running time.

OK, it wasn't teenie, tiny. It was a severe thunderstorm with wind gusts of 60 mph.

I've run in 20 mph winds before and it was brutal, so I know I would not have last long out there this morning.

Anyway, I'm dying to get back to running. Right now, I don't care what the distance is. A mile, 10K, 10 miles or even a 100-yard dash!

I just wanna run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment