Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Taking A Moment To Celebrate

Yesterday, I had a running epiphany.

I accomplished something I hadn't really considered to be a possibility. Even though I know I still have a long way to go, I want to take this moment to celebrate my most recent achievement.

Life is a journey, and along the way, it is important to celebrate the milestones you reach along the way. At least, that's what I believe.

So, join me in my little celebration.

Although it was to be a rest day for me, I went for a run yesterday. I had the day off from being in the office, it was shorts weather and I was feeling great. So, I turned Monday into Tuesday and went for a 7-mile run.

Honestly, I was not expecting much out this run ... except for it to be slow, long and hard. After all, I ran 15 miles on Saturday and followed it with 6.2 on Sunday, and Sunday's run was very laborious.

While miles 5 and 6 were a bit rough, I completed my 7-mile run in 1:08:32 for an average pace of 9:46!

Then, it hit me.

Over the past 3 days, I ran 28.25 miles. The significance of that you ask? It wasn't long ago that 28 miles was a great week for me, and now I post that total in a mere 3 days.

One thing I've learned about myself since I began running is: I never realized what I could do ... until I do it.

I nearly averaged 9.5 miles during the span. And my pace was strong during my last run, a solid sub-10 per mile pace. Never realized I had that in me.

Granted, I will surpass this tally in the coming months since I'm training for a marathon. But for now, I'll celebrate this milestone.

Happy running!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I'm pretty sure I've never ran that many miles in a 3-day span.

    ReplyDelete