But after longing to write a new post, I thought I'd add my own. Nothing real thought provoking, just a little fun here on a cold winter's day.
So without a further ado ...
You might be a runner if ...
- You consider blisters and lost toenails badges of honor.
- You chuckle to yourself when non-runners ask how long a marathon is.
- You check out the weekly forecast to see when you can get your runs in.
- You map your runs with potential 'pit stops' just in case.
- You don't make fun of fanny packs any longer because they look like your fuel belt ... even though we all know the fuel belt looks cooler.
- You know where your IT band is.
- You plan trips around races you'd like to run.
- You get excited when the next issue of Runners' World or Running Times shows up in the mail.
- The majority of your Facebook and Twitter posts are about running.
- Your runs are longer than your commutes to work or school.
- Your Christmas and birthday wish lists can be filled easily at the running or sporting goods store.
- You spend more money on running clothes than causal clothes.
wastespend hours, sometimes days, trying to figure out how to qualify for Half Fanatics or Marathon Maniacs the fastest.
- Major home projects only get done during tapering week or recovery week.
- Your favorite part of tapering is carbo loading.
- Your dream job is to be the next Bart Yasso.
- You stare out the window and long to be out running.
- Getting up at 5 a.m. for a run is the best way to start the day.
- You get excited for all races, even virtual ones like the #TwitterRoadRace.
Well, that's some that I've found and come up with. What can you come up with?