Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sooooo ... I've Signed Up For This Race

So looking forward to April 1!
This past Wednesday I signed up for a race. But not just any race.

I am now registered for the 2012 Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon!

Oh ... and it's only MY FIRST FULL MARATHON!

Can you sense all the nervous excitement? What? You can't feel these vibes I'm sending through the Internet? Anywho, I AM STOKED! I can't wait for this race!
In all honesty, I don't know which I'm more excited about - the actual marathon or all the training leading up to the big day. I'm really looking forward to all the challenges that lay ahead and seeing how far I can push my body.

I do think it's hilarious the date of the event is April 1, because until the past year, you'd have to have been a fool to think I would ever run a full marathon.

In the coming days and weeks, I'll have more to say about how I'm preparing and planning to attack this new challenge. For now, I'm just going to bask in the newness and wonderfulness of being registered for a full marathon.

(After all, I do have a half marathon coming up in 8 days.)

So here's to new races, new challenges and the adventures we'll find along the way!

Happy running!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to following your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, David! I looking forward to the journey ahead.

    ReplyDelete